The Data Vocabularies tool is a maintenance and publication service for semantic data models. It contains common data specifications for the harmonisation of data called core vocabularies. The tool is also used, for example, to manage data content at interfaces or in data repositories.
The Data Vocabularies tool is intended for
- information officers in an organisation
- data architects and data modelers
- anyone searching for information in the data repositories of public administration
- system providers that need information from public administration data repositories or their data structures and content for the purpose of system development
The Data Vocabularies tool is used for
- enabling data modeling that takes account of the semantic interoperability of data that underpins state-of-the-art digital services
- describing data content in a way that can determine the meaning of data by using the terminologies and allowing it to be disseminated in machine-readable format with the use of identifiers
- creating delimited data specifications, i.e. application profiles that describe the data content of an information system, for the implementation of an interface, for example
- The Data Vocabularies tool creates content that is open linked data.
What is the advantage of the Data Vocabularies tool?
- Data models enable the semantic interoperability of data in a formal context.
- Data content is both human- and machine-readable.
- Data content is openly visible and can be used in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
- The tool allows for cooperation between actors in data modeling.
- Actors can use existing, harmonised data content in their own work.
- The tool enables data content to be linked, making it possible to link it to international and other standards chosen by actors.